Why we collect and hold only the very essential data from you for these purposes -
- To manage your accommodation booking
- To manage event and experiences we run during the holiday season
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- Conform to UK taxation laws.
To make it easier for you to read this policy, we have split it into a number of different linked sections.
- Who are we
- When you book
- Other uses of your data
- Updating your personal information or requesting a copy
- Who we share data with
- About our advertising
- Legal information and how to contact us
We are a small family run Partnership running a Camping and Glamping site. The data we collect is essential for the reasons stated above.
We are based at Coastal Valley Camp and Crafts, Lower Trewince, Trevelgue Rd, Porth TR8 4AW. Telephone number 07922 821211.
The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. All our data is held within our booking system and not stored locally. We make sure that we have appropriate security measures in place with our data server, and have anti-hack monitoring on that server.
Our booking system data privacy support is provided by:
Kernel Data Ltd, The Platt, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 7AE
Their Data Protection policy can be found https://www.kernelbooking.co.uk/privacy-and-cookie-policy
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our websites are accessible via the internet. Please remember that if you post any reviews or links on any of our sites or review sites about us, that they can be read and accessed by anyone and everyone.
- If we, our service providers, or our commercial partners transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant legal instruments or permissions being in place.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
We collect information on you:
- when you make a booking at our site
- when you contact us for information or make a provisional booking
- when you sign up for a newsletter
- when you use the website
- through cookies
- if you choose to reveal information in postings
We have to tell you the reason for collecting your information – and this is called the legal basis for processing.
- Where you provide information in the course of a booking we process your data under Contract, i.e. your data is necessary to fulfil the service you are paying for.
- If you are an existing customer, any additional contact, i.e. giving you the opportunity to book for next season earlier than people who are not existing customers, telling you about events and offers, is managed under legitimate interest.
- Following up on a provisional booking or enquiry is managed under legitimate interest
- Sending you marketing information such as offers and events as part of our regular newsletter is managed under consent.
Under the terms of current data protection legislation, we will always make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
- We occasionally send out a newsletter to holiday makers who have stayed within the last 2 year. There is unsubscribe at the bottom for you to opt out in the future.
- We do NOT sell or pass your details on to other organisations.
- On the rare occasions we send out marketing emails they will only be from us. There will be an unsubscribe at the bottom for you to opt out in the future.
How long do you hold on to my data?
UK tax law insist on 6 years. It will be kept a minimal amount of time over this. We are working with our booking system provider to anonymise data in Kernel and still keep within these laws.
After 7 years, data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system.
The information will be typed in by you. Or on the very rare occasion you make a telephone booking then it is typed straight into the booking system by the data protection officer. The minimum information we need from you to book accommodation is your name, and address, mobile number and email address. We will also ask you for family names on holiday and their age range these are needed to provide services and facilities to better meet holiday makers requirements. If any emergency services were needed.
We will process data collected for the purpose of fulfilling your booking on the basis of Contract to deliver the service you have requested.
On our system we only hold the Stripe/Worldpay receipt details for the deposit and the final payment on our booking system. Card details and all sensitive data associated with that is taken and held by Worldpay upto Oct 2018 and Stripe after Oct 2018.
We do not give or sell your data at any time to third party companies.
We will only print off personal booking data to deal with a one off query while you are on site or create a daily checking in sheet which is for the purposes of checking you and your family in to Coastal Valley Camp and Crafts.
This sheet will have the bare minimum of personal data. It is always ripped up and transferred to a commercially provided bin collection agency, within 1 week of you leaving site.
If you would like access to, or a copy of, the personal information we hold about you; would like to request a correction; want to restrict how it is used; want to ask us to remove your data from our databases; or have any questions about how we may use it; please contact the by email .
Requests will be handled without undue delay, and in the case of a request to rectify or gain access your information will be responded to within the time periods specified by the ICO. Information Commissioners Office.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes.
Kernel is the booking system to which you are typing your data into. Details provided on page 1 of document..
Cookies are little packets of data that sit on our website, and pass information from one screen to another in order to answer your filter questions or aid filling in of forms. in some cases to make it work, and in some cases to add additional services. For more information about cookies, how to look after them, even how to turn them off, please visit our page on cookies.
Google runs Analytical tools on all businesses we only access the anonymous reporting information they hold about our company. Nothing they provide ear-marks a specific user to us. They show us how many people click to phone, get directions etc.
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you wish to opt out from Google Remarketing or Similar Audiences you can do so by visiting Google’s Ads Settings here: support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB).
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our sites. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you. If you would like more information about OBA and how to opt out of it, please visit youronlinechoices.com
Advertising on mobile devices may require the collection and sharing of the unique device ID with companies who purchase advertising space on the mobile application.
If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – details of which are given below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: +44 303 123 1113
Revised Sept 2022